top of page
Search

Uneasy


That is the best word I can use to describe this waiting feeling.


Tomorrow we go to Nolan's cardiologist for his second echocardiogram. He was 3.5 weeks old when he had his first one and they discovered the holes in his heart. He is gaining weight and doing great, but the ONLY way to see the holes is with an echocardiogram.


I keep thinking back to his last echocardiogram and remember the uneasy feeling that we had sitting in that room while they took over 100 images of the heart. It is one of those days that I remember exactly what I was wearing, exactly the way the air smelt, and exactly how I felt. We were originally told there was a 5% chance for a spontaneous closure but a 95% chance Nolan would need open heart surgery around 6 months old. Tomorrow should answer some of the unknown questions. While it will be hard, we are ready to have a clear plan.


I don't do well in the unknown. We are asking for prayers for a miracle but also prayers that we can have peace if he has to go to surgery. We thank God daily for the amazing doctors and hospitals here in at Atlanta, but our hearts are not prepared yet for the chance of open heart surgery.


We will update you when we know more.

283 views6 comments

Recent Posts

See All

6 Comments


Jani Forest-wyatt
Jani Forest-wyatt
Sep 11, 2018

Sending lots of prayers and love. Whatever you hear may it be received with peace and confidence. You two are amazing and Nolan has everything he needs with all the unconditional love around him from adoring extended family and so many friends. Hugs!

Like

🙏🙏🙏 Goin to you guys & Nolan ❤️

Like

lovellteri
lovellteri
Sep 11, 2018

Sending our love and prayers.

Like

I pray every night for Nolan and healing of his heart. Will be thinking of you all tomorrow and I do believe in miracles. God bless you all. Love and hugs, Tony and Susan🙏🙏😇

Like

Judy Moore
Judy Moore
Sep 10, 2018

No’ is the strongest baby boy I know ... he will fly through his echo and then we will know some of the next steps .... until then and beyond we send love , prayers & understanding - we’re on the side cheering for you all ❤️🏃‍♂️

Like
bottom of page